Start Date: Thursday Sept 30th 2021 Sessions are 6.30 to 8pm for eight consecutive Tuesdays with a half day of practise on Saturday November 6th.
Reduce stress and live with greater ease through this tested and well established mindfulness meditation programme.
- Cultivate self awareness
- Respond rather than react to stress
- Change habitual reactivity patterns
- Learn the most established and respected mindfulness training programme
- Recognise and change the pattern of worrying and self –criticism that often generates more stress
- Have more mindful, meaningful communication, connections and relationships
- Develop practical self-care tools to help you thrive, live life more fully and build resilience
- Earn your MBSR 8 week course certificate of completion ( Ongoing Professional Development Certification )
This course is the most recognised and established mindfulness course, taught all over the world and scientifically proven to help people cope better with stress, depression and anxiety.
Mindful Facilitation offers the official gold standard 8 week MBSR Course
To help you to deepen both your understanding of mindfulness and your practice through a rigorous and intense course supporting you individually with a strong learning community context.
- The most evidence based and scientifically researched mindfulness programme
- MBSR was created by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre in 1979
- Successfully taught in countless healthcare, education, business and community settings
- Taught by Dee Hennessy certified MBSR instructor, member of Irish Mindfulness Teachers Association and Irish Supervisors Association
- Course follows the official MBSR standards of practice
- No prior meditation experience is required- the course provides a great informal yet robust community learning experience for both beginners and more advanced meditators
- Fulfils pre-requisite requirements for MBSR Instructor Training Certificate
- Practise focussed with 20 to 40 minute long meditations.
Simple Yet Powerful Learning Methodology
- Receive course material and meditations right in you inbox
- Weekly highly interactive instructor led live sessions via Zoom
- Access course from your laptop, tablet or mobile device
- Taught by Dee Hennessy certified and very experienced MBSR instructor
- Based on Dr Jon Kabat- Zinn’s evidence based and scientifically proven methodology
Live and Online
- One to one live online orientation session
- 8 weeks of live instructor led online interactive sessions
- One day at home retreat – live online
- You can access the course and live sessions from anywhere with an internet connection
- Guided instructions in mindfulness meditation practises
- Body scan, sitting meditation, and gentle mindful movement guided meditations
- PDF lesson notes , easy access by email.
Who should enrol?
- Individual Mindfulness practitioners
- Individuals new to mindfulness but committed to an immersive programme to better manage stress and anxiety
- HR Professionals
- Wellness Professionals
- Healthcare Professionals
- People using mindfulness in work
- Yoga teachers
- Those wishing to deepen their practise and understanding of mindfulness
Led by an expert certified MBSR instructor and you will get trained in MBSR, the most scientifically researched and established mindfulness programme with evidence based practises. You will receive live orientation, 8 live sessions, a one day retreat and all course materials and meditations for your ongoing use. You will also receive a certificate of completion and CPD certification.
- Based on guided meditations, group dialogue, individually tailored instructions and home-based practise.
- Practise based – each session builds on the core mindfulness practises scientifically proven to
- Practical – from the first session you are learning the skill of mindful living
- Suitable both for those who have some experience of mindfulness and those new to mindfulness but committed to engaging in an immersive programme.
- Using cutting edge neuroscience and evidence-based mindfulness interventions.
You will receive:
- 8 x 2hours individual live lessons teaching the core principles and practises of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Programme (MBSR). Classes are 2 hours once a week on Tuesdays 6 to 8pm
- 3 hour home based retreat/with a half day of practise (10 to 1pm) in between weeks six and seven ( SaturdayNovember 6th)
- 8 downloadable audio mindfulness meditations for use at home.
- 8 downloadable PDF summaries
- 8 worksheets
- Additional articles and reading provided along the way
” It was very helpful to me personally. It was delivered by Dee in a very positive and encouraging way.Dee always had a positive comment to add to whatever someone said and so made us all feel comfortable and engaged. I found the course very useful as the whole theme ie befriending yourself will help you to be more at one with yourself and with others.And by befriending others you feel better about yourself thus effectively building a circle of positivity. ” Gerard Mc Morrow participant July 2020
“I enjoyed the course very much and will recommend it to everyone” Dorothy Thomas participant July 2020
“Mindfulness has impacted on my daily life much more than I expected and has made me realise the amount of stress, anxiety and tension had been part of my daily life for years” Una Collins May 2020
- This course will be held on a web-based platform.
- The teacher and participants will be live and visible at various times. There will be group and one-to-one interaction as you would expect in a traditional classroom setting. Do contact us ([email protected]) if you’d like to check out/test the online platform & your internet connection beforehand.
- Registrants will receive additional details the week before the first session.
- A PC/Laptop/Macbook or Tablet. You can check the operating requirements of Zoom here, but we can also assist with this if you are unsure or have any questions: Zoom Support
- A webcam and microphone,
- A stable internet connection, and
- A private space where you can be undisturbed.
- Please note that there is no cost to download Zoom.
- An introduction to Mindfulness
- Perceptions and creative responding. “It’s not the stressors per se, but how you handle them”
- The Pleasure and Power in being present.
- Cultivating Curiosity and Openness to the full range of experience, recognizing and reducing the negative effects of automatic, habitual stress reactivity.
- Paying attention to your growing capacity to respond and recover more rapidly from everyday challenges and stressors.
- Interpersonal Mindfulness and Building Resilience.
- Integrating Mindfulness practice and reflecting on life-style choices. “What do I need to take care of myself now”?
- A Mindful Life, keeping up the momentum. There will be a three hour at home retreat between session five and six