Learn how to handle emotional difficulties and life stresses in this 8-week course which is based on the work of Erik and Frits ‘A Practical Guide to Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living”. Combining the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion this course teaches powerful tools for emotional resilience.
You will learn:
The essential principles of mindful self-compassion
* How to stop being so hard on yourself
* How to develop practical self-care tool
• How to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• How to be a more compassionate presence in the world.
• Building session by session – beginning with gentle awareness of how pain impacts our lives and gradually learning through practice and session input our capacity ‘to stand in a different place’
• Based on formal and informal practices such as loving kindness, body scan, breath work, walking & eating mediations, as well as specific compassion practises (all for you to download in video. audio or text format).
• Practical – from the first session you are learning the skill of mindful self-compassion
• Suitable for those who have some experience of mindfulness
• Using cutting edge neuroscience and evidence-based mindfulness interventions.
You will receive:
• 8 x one hour video based lessons teaching the fundamentals of mindfulness self-compassion.)
• 3 hour home based retreat
• 8 downloadable audio mindfulness meditations for use at home.
• 8 downloadable PDF summaries
• 8 worksheets
• Additional articles and reading provided along the way
‘Did one of these courses with Dee and have to say it was superb, very enjoyable and very relaxing. Dee is a wonderful teacher and very experienced. It really was very beneficial to me and I would have no hesitation in recommending it’ – Babs Morris
SUMMARY OF THE COURSE
- The course will teach new ways to handle our body sensations, thoughts and emotions
- It develops skills that make us better equipped in taking care of our wellbeing, and managing stress and adversities more effectively – be they physical, mental, social or emotional
- Throughout the course you will be developing skills that make it easier to be with whatever we are experiencing, both the positive and negative, pleasant or unpleasant. This allows us to respond to situations more mindfully and from a state of presence rather than mindlessly reacting.
- During the course you will learn that there are generally two ways we can handle difficulties, either we change the situation or we change how we deal with the situation. And often times the former is not an option so it’s very beneficial to learn new ways of relating to difficulties
- Throughout the course you will be deepening your understanding and practise of self compassion and compassion for others.