Was there ever a better time for you to:
- Find your inner calm ?
- Be kinder to yourself ?
- Uncover your own super power of resilience?
Join our supportive small group from the comfort and safety of your own home or workplace as we begin to live with more ease no matter what life throws at us. 6.30 to 8pm (GMT) for six Mondays.
Beginning Monday April 12th 2021
Learn how to handle emotional difficulties and life stresses in this 6-week live course. Based on the work of Erik and Frits ‘ A Practical Guide to Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living” you will learn how to combine the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion while developing powerful tools for emotional resilience.
Next Date: Monday April 12th (6.30 to 8pm GMT)
Designed and run by Senior Mindfulness and Compassion Teacher, Dee Hennessy, you will learn:
• The essential principles of mindful self-compassion
• How to stop being so hard on yourself
• How to develop practical self-care tools
• How to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• How to be a more compassionate presence in the world.
- Building session by session – beginning with gentle awareness of how pain impacts our lives and gradually learning through practice and session input our capacity ‘to stand in a different place’
- Based on formal and informal practices such as loving kindness, body scan, breath work, walking & eating mediations, as well as specific compassion practises (all for you to download in video. audio or text format).
- Practical – from the first session you are learning the skill of mindful self-compassion
- Suitable for those who have some experience of mindfulness
- Using cutting edge neuroscience and evidence-based mindfulness interventions.
You will receive:
- 6 x 2 hour individual live lessons teaching the fundamentals of mindfulness self-compassion. Classes are 2 hours once a week on Mondays 5.30 to 7pm
- 3 hour home-based retreat
- 6 downloadable audio mindfulness meditations for use at home.
- 6 downloadable PDF summaries
- 6 worksheets
- Additional articles and reading provided along the way
- Contact with Dee via email for ongoing support in between sessions.
“Did one of these courses with Dee and have to say it was superb, very enjoyable and very relaxing. Dee is a wonderful teacher and very experienced. It really was very beneficial to me and I would have no hesitation in recommending it” (Babs Morris)
“Well thought out, gentle, and inviting us to practise what we were able for“
Dee’s style in handling both the course content and the people is fantastic. I have really appreciated the positive messages and techniques that I got from the course I found the course enormously helpful as the whole theme of befriending yourself will help you to be more at one with yourself and others. And by befriending others you feel better about yourself thus effectively building a circle of positivity.The course was very helpful to me personally and it was delivered by Dee in a very positive and encouraging way. Dee always had a positive comment to add to whatever someone said, helping all to feel comfortable and engaged. Gerard Mc Morrow participant on June 2020 course
‘ This course was very useful for picking up meditation tips and for applying mindfulness to everyday life. I really enjoyed the course and the fact that it was done online probably contributed to how relaxed and comfortable I was with Dee and the group from the very beginning’ Keith O’Reilly participant on June 2020 course
‘Thank you for the opportunity to be part of a lovely journey of mindfulness. I really enjoyed and benefitted from your teaching. Hopefully it is just the start……’ Margaret Ryan participant on June 2020 course
‘ I loved the invitational style of leading the group and I really liked the break out rooms. I enjoyed the course very much and I will recommend it to everyone’ Dorothy Thomas participant on June 2020 course.
Wonderful – if a follow on to this course was available I would love to attend’ Mary Cantwell participant on June 2020 course
‘ Great course that will benefit me personally and professionally’. Ann Byrne participant on June 2020 course
‘Very relaxed environment our facilitator Dee really knew her stuff and was passionate about the content, great group work.’ Joan Murphy participant on June 2020 course
- This course will be held on a web-based platform.
- The teacher and participants will be live and visible at various times. There will be group and one-to-one interaction as you would expect in a traditional classroom setting. Do contact us ([email protected]) if you’d like to check out/test the online platform & your internet connection beforehand.
- Registrants will receive additional details the week before the first session.
- A PC/Laptop/Macbook or Tablet. You can check the operating requirements of Zoom here, but we can also assist with this if you are unsure or have any questions: Zoom Support
- A webcam and microphone,
- A stable internet connection, and
- A private space where you can be undisturbed.
- Please note that there is no cost to download Zoom.
SUMMARY OF THE COURSE
- An introduction to Mindfulness and Self Compassion
- Bringing mindfulness and self-compassion into daily life
- Handling difficult situations and emotions with greater ease
- Motivating ourselves with kindness rather than self-criticism
- Growing and sustaining compassion for others to improve relationships
- Practicing the art of savouring and self-appreciation
- Exploring the role of self-compassion in managing stress, anxiety and fatigue
- Developing an understanding of the science around how self-compassion works